And so, I also owe it you my dear readers to get back on this blog and somehow let you know that,yeah, I am still here, alive and still baking and I am sorry for that week long hiatus.
- ⅔ cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1¼ cups light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp espresso powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp vinegar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a standard muffin pan with paper cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, espresso powder, salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and vinegar. Add the wet ingredients,including the melted butter,to the powder ingredients and stir to incorporate. It's okay if little lumps still remain. Do not over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, ⅔ full.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes. Knife inserted should come out clean.
Recipe adapted from Kirbie Cravings