Skip the kneading and make your favorite sweet bread on a bread maker. Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls allow you to have delicious bread the easier way!
While I have been a proponent of kneading by hand and its therapeutic effects on me, I have to admit that I am falling in love with the bread machine recently.
A bread machine allows you to just add your measured ingredients to the bread machine basket and it will do the mixing, kneading, rising and baking for you. And since some of you have been asking for bread machine recipes, I decided to give my machine (a borrowed one) a try. I played with it for weeks and enjoyed a number of delicious loaves. And then these Bread machine Cinnamon Rolls were born.
The Dough Cycle
A bread machine can do all the work for you and produce delicious loaves. It has different cycles depending on the bread you are making: Basic, Whole Wheat, Sweet Bread, Rapid Bake to name a few. But since we are making cinnamon rolls, we have to use the DOUGH cycle.
We use DOUGH cycle if we want a shape other than a loaf. That is if we want to shape and bake the dough ourselves instead of finishing it on the machine.
How to Make Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls?
- Measure your ingredients and add them to your bread machine in the order specified by your machine manual. Mostly it is liquids first, then the dry ingredients.
- Select the DOUGH setting on your bread machine. Depending on the brand, the machine will display the time it will take for the selected cycle to finish. Mine is 1:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes).
- Press start. Here is the fun part. No mixing or kneading for you. Just wait until the machine beeps!
- Once the cycle is finished, the machine will beep and will display 0:00 or reset to the cycle timer for the time. Flour a clean surface and take out the dough. The dough will be smooth and soft. Briefly knead just to deflate. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into an 18×12 inch rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter all over the dough. Combine cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl and sprinkle them all over the dough. Starting on the long edge, roll the dough into a tight log. Use a sharp knife to slice the dough into 1 .5 inch portions.
- Arrange them on two 9 inch round pans or on a 9×13 inch baking pan. Loosely cover and let rise for 1 hour, until puffy and doubled.
- Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are golden. Allow to cool slightly and spread the cream cheese icing on top.
And behold! Delicious, warm and ultra-soft Cinnamon rolls done in a much easy way! I am so in love with the bread machine and I think I am gonna make more bread with it.
I hope you will too!
These Cinnamon Rolls are best served warm. To store leftovers, keep them in a covered container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Refrigerate them for longer storage.
To reheat. Microwave for 8-12 seconds. They are still delicious!