- First, I end up not combing my hair the entire day.
- Two, I crave food all day
- and three, I eat breakfast foods even when it is not breakfast.
And what that means is that it is easy to be unstructured some days, like having no exact agenda, or falling out of routines.
This recipe is a family favorite and since I found this, I have never looked at any pancake recipe again. It is simple, basic and definitely yields fluffy pancakes that everyone in my family loves.
Breakfast, lunch or dinner, these pancakes never fail to delight.
Who can ever say no to warm, fluffy pancakes slathered with butter and drizzled with sweet maple syrup? Whatever time of day, you will get a yes from me on this one. Guaranteed.
And let me just say, sometimes, deviating from routines is wonderful. You can just see the excitement of my little girls with this one.
I think this is their favorite deviation. Honestly, it is mine too.
Easy Fluffy Pancakes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- cooking spray or butter for greasing the frying pan
- Combine milk and vinegar in a large bowl and let stand for about five minutes to let the mixture become sour.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt,baking powder and baking soda in another bowl.
- 3.Add in the egg and melted butter into the milk-vinegar mixture and gently whisk.
- Combine the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture gradually until a smooth batter is achieved.
- 5.Heat a medium pan over medium heat and grease with cooking spray or butter. Using a soup ladle,spoon about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Once bubbly on top, flip the pancake gently using a flat cooking spatula. This takes about a minute or two. Cook other side for another minutes or less, or until that side is golden brown.
- Top with a dollop of butter and drizzle with syrup. Serve while hot.