All you need to make this Ovaltine Ice cream are three simple ingredients. It is so creamy, tasty and decadent with malted chocolate flavor. An easy and special ice cream for everyone in your family to enjoy.
One difficult thing to do on a really hot day is to shoot photos of ice cream. As you can see above, the Ovaltine ice cream was melting on me.
I was so anxious, snapping every shot in a haste. And it did not help that the ice cream was scooped out of the container, then in again, then out again, while I was trying to compose a shot that I was happy with.
But then, one wonderful thing to do on a hot summer day is to eat Ovaltine ice cream with full abandon and hastily so that it does not drip down my elbow. It was a delight to lick that creamy goodness that is nestled in a crisp, sugar cone without thinking about the calories that I am adding to my system.
We all need to indulge sometimes, don’t we? and for me, Ovaltine ice cream is the perfect treat to indulge on. Rich, smooth and creamy, this is such an easy and fun dessert to make.
To make this, all you need are three ingredients:
- Heavy cream
- Condensed milk
- Ovaltine Chocolate Powder
The work involved is as simple as whisking all these three ingredients together in the stand mixer until it reaches the stiff peaks stage. It is a fun way to make ice cream especially if you don’t have an ice cream maker at home.
What is more exciting is that with the ease of preparation and ingredients, you can experiment with lots of flavors that you can imagine. You can make this matcha ice cream, or dulce de leche ice cream, and lots of other flavors as you wish.
You just need to have the base ingredients which is the heavy cream and the condensed milk, and adapt the recipe to incorporate the flavors that you like. Add cocoa powder for chocolate flavor or just make a simple vanilla ice cream by adding a couple of teaspoons of vanilla extract.
As for me, Ovaltine ice cream hits the spot. That very familiar malted chocolate I have grown to love as a kid made creamy and so decadent in ice cream form. It makes me feel like a little kid once more.
Just like the Ovaltine cake we had a few weeks back, we snacked on this ice cream and savored the simple goodness of the flavor of malted chocolate. Its divine and its addictive. I just can’t get enough of Ovaltine flavored desserts lately, and I just can’t get over the smoothness and silkiness of this ice cream.
You really have to try this.
Ovaltine Ice Cream
- 1 and 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream at least 35% fat, chilled
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk chilled
- 1 cup Ovaltine Chocolate powder
- In a medium bowl, whisk together condensed milk and Ovaltine until the powder is mostly dissolved.
- Add whipping cream to the bowl of your stand mixer. Add the Ovaltine mixture and start beating on low speed using the whisk attachment. Once the mixture becomes thick and froth, turn the speed to medium high and beat the cream until firm peaks form.
- Be careful not to over beat. The peaks of the cream should be stiff and firm. At that point you should stop beating. Transfer ice cream to a loaf metal pan, cover top with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic is in contact with the ice cream surface. Chill in the freezer for 6-8 hours.