Amazingly crisp and flavorful, You will love this Baked Turkey Taquitos complete with melty cheese inside and a tasty dipping sauce!
Taquitos are such fun finger foods that shake up our regular meal routine. While they are appetizers, these Turkey Taquitos are filling and substantial enough for a good meal.
If you like taquitos but dread the frying process, then this one is for you. Baked Turkey Taquitos-all cheesy, meaty with a simple flavorful sauce.
Baked Turkey Taquitos
- Note that you can also use ground chicken, pork or beef. This recipe is based on my Anytime Beef Burrito meat. Do not be weirded out that it has ketchup. It works, I promise!
- A good brushing of olive oil on both sides of the corn tortilla ensures crisp baked taquitos.
- Also, the sauce must not be skipped! It wonderfully ties up the flavor and it is made easily by mixing mayo, sour cream lime juice and spices.
Let’s Make It!
The Turkey Filling
Heat olive oil n a medium skillet. Add garlic and onion and cook until soft and translucent. Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking them apart and tossing occasionally, until browned.
Add salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, and oregano. Stir well to distribute. Add ketchup and cook for a few minutes more, until the turkey is a bit saucy and cooked through.
The Simple Sauce
Stir together sour cream, mayo, cumin, paprika, dried dill, garlic powder, and lime juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Make and Bake the Turkey Taquitos!
Preheat oven to 425 F. Warm tortillas on a plate, 4-5 pieces at a time as you assemble. Generously brush olive oil on both sides of the tortilla.
Spoon about 2 tbsp of turkey on one side, and top with cheddar and mozzarella. Roll each tortilla into a tight log, with the seams sides down.
Arrange them on a baking pan, spacing them evenly apart so that they crisp up.
Bake at 425 F for 7-9 minutes, or until golden, then flip the taquitos and bake for 5-7 minutes more.
Serve immediately, drizzled with sour cream sauce, hot sauce and garnished with cilantro. Reserve some sour cream on the sides for dipping.
How to Enjoy the Leftovers?
- This recipe can yield about 18-20 taquitos, when using 6 inches tortillas. If you have leftovers, place them in a container with a tight lid.
- To enjoy them, reheat them in the air fryer for 5-7 minutes at 400 F. They will still be crisp.