Enjoy the classic banana split in this easy, no-bake dessert in cake form. Banana Split Icebox Cake-all you need are graham crackers, some whipped topping and sour cream, bananas and jello pudding. Have fun assembling!
When I look at my kids with their foreheads glistening with sweat, and their bangs sticking on the sides of their face, I know that summer has very much settled in.
I have no complaints. Most of the year we are wrapped in layers of thick jackets and high boots. Come January and February, we have had too much of winter that we long for the wonderful colors of spring, and the beautiful heat of summer.
And summer is relatively a short period of time. We are savoring it as much as we can. One delicious way to enjoy it is this. Banana Split Icebox Cake.
This plus an inflatable pool in the backyard, and the warm, thick air touching our skin, a total treat. And in the words of my daughter- This is the life!
How to Make Banana Split Icebox Cake
Banana Split Icebox Cake does not require an oven. That is the beauty of icebox cakes especially on hot summer days when you don’t want to add to the heat by turning on your oven.
All you need are a few ingredients and some assembling. This pretty dessert will be ready without much effort.
The graham crackers make up the layers of this dessert. To start, arrange 4 sheets of crackers in a way that their long sides are touching side by side.
You can use any large serving dish with a flat bottom. Next, pipe some of the cream mixture over the graham crackers.
The Cream Mixture is made of:
- Whipped Topping-these are the ones that you buy frozen. Thaw before using.
- Sour Cream
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (the powder form).
- Drained Pineapples
Transfer this mixture in a piping bag or a large Ziploc. After piping, level the cream using an angled spatula. You will have a total of six layers for the cake, so use the cream in appropriate amounts for each layer.
Arrange the bananas over the cream. Make a second layer of crackers by arranging another 4 sheets of graham crackers over the bananas. Pipe some more cream, arrange more bananas.
Repeat the layering process until you have your final sixth layer of crackers. For the final layer, we stop at the cream, reserving the banana and raspberries topping upon serving. Refrigerate the dessert for 24 hours, until the crackers are soft.
Upon serving, top the cake with more banana slices and some raspberries. Drizzle chocolate syrup and serve.
Slice by slice, we enjoy this delightful banana split icebox cake in its creamy decadence, like how we enjoy summer day by day, in our slippers, blowing bubbles in the yard.
If you love banana split icebox cake, also try these desserts:
- No Bake Pineapple Cheesecake
- Pineapple Chiffon Cake with Pineapple Glaze
- Best Ever Chocolate Brownies
- Banana Chocolate Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake with Oatmeal Crumbs
- Ovaltine Cake with whipped Ovaltine Icing
Banana Split Icebox Cake
- 24 sheets Graham Crackers
- 4 cups frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 sachet instant vanilla pudding 102 grams
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple drained
- 3 large bananas sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup raspberries
For the Chocolate Syrup
- 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl, mix together whipped cream topping, sour cream and instant vanilla pudding. Fold in the drained pineapples.
- Transfer the mixture in a large piping bag or a large Ziploc bag. In a large serving dish with a flat bottom, arrange 4 sheets of graham crackers side by side. The long sides should be touching. Pipe 1/6 of the cream mixture over the graham crackers, level it with an angled spatula. Arrange some of the sliced bananas over the cream.
- Make another layer of graham crackers by arranging another 4 sheets of crackers on top of the bananas. Again, pipe more cream, then top with more bananas. Repeat the layering process until you have your sixth cracker layer. Top with the remaining cream. Refrigerate overnight. The crackers will be soft.
- Before serving, top the cake with more banana slices and the raspberries. Drizzle the chocolate syrup on top.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the cream until it is almost bubbly. Pour over the chocolate chips in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Let cool slightly and drizzle over the chilled cake.