Since I gave birth , things have changed in terms of the time I get to spend with Faye. Obviously, my time and attention can no longer be 100% directed towards her ( no matter how much I want to).
The good thing, though, is that I never see a hint of jealousy from Faye towards her little sister so far. She expresses her needs to me but she is never the one to sulk whenever I have to let her wait because I am tending the little baby.
Baking Activity: Coconut Oil Brownies
As a way to maintain a bond with her, I see to it that we do one major activity together usually first thing in the morning while the baby is still asleep. Yesterday, we baked these Coconut Oil Brownies and she cant be more happy being my little helper. We both love these Coconut oil brownies because they are moist, chewy and definitely strong on the chocolate without going overboard.
Since these Coconut Oil brownies ( or brownies in general!) are very easy to make, it is a very ideal and fun activity to with kids. I did not have to bother bringing out the mixer and there is not a high pile of dirty dishes to do afterwards. I even got her to lick the remaining brownie batter from the whisk and bowl and man, did she not feel like she is the most lucky little girl in the world!
So aside from having a quality time with my little one, we also have these Coconut Oil brownies as a snack. I am also happy that she did not object about the hint of coconut in the brownies. Maybe she loved the coconut taste, but I think it is just that the coconut flavor is very subtle.
- ¾ cup Coconut oil ( solid state)
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate chips
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- Line a 9x9 square baking pan with foil. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and cream cheese together with the coconut oil and cocoa powder. Stir occasionally until mixture is smooth.
- Whisk the chocolate mixture with the sugar. Add in and whisk the eggs just until combined. Add in the flour and salt and mix just until combined.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a bit of fudgy chocolate goodness.
- Let the brownies cool before cutting. Store leftovers in a covered container at room temperature.