This strawberry cobbler is a very simple dessert to make. It is perfect for those times when you are craving for some rich baked goods but you just can’t be bothered with all the work that comes with baking an elaborate dessert.
One of my favorite things is when the smell of our house makes me feel like I just entered into a warm and cozy bakeshop. I love pastries and baked goods, and being inside a bakery brings about feelings of comfort and warmth as I am being surrounded by an array of monochromatic colors of brown goodies. Today our house is warm, homey and cozy because of the smell of strawberry cobbler baking in the oven.
But baking is not always easy for me. There are times when I don’t want to dirty up big bowls and bring out the mixer. Having two young girls, sometimes I don’t have the luxury of time and energy to bake. And that is why these cobbler recipe is such a keeper for me. Ever since I found out about this blackberry cobbler recipe, I have been substituting different berries in the recipe and they have turned out great.
And today I chose strawberry. The cobbler is a perfect combination of rich and fresh, of buttery and fruity. I don’t always like desserts that is overpowering in fruit flavor, but this strawberry cobbler has just the perfect balance. And to think that you don’t need to do a lot of work to make it is such a happy thing.
Strawberry Cobbler: Ingredients
1 cup All purpose flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Cup Sugar
1 cup milk
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
Cobblers are my favorite because they are really delicious and very easy to make.
You just combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a bowl and whisk them together. Add in the milk and mix thoroughly. Then we mix in melted butter and pour the batter into the baking dish. And finally, we add the sliced strawberries on top and sprinkle some sugar.
We bake it in a buttered baking dish in a 350 F oven. Now you wait and sit pretty for about 45 minutes while your house smells good all the while.
And this, my friends, is a slice of heaven. ( whipped cream mandatory)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 cup sugar plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a baking dish. I used an 8 inch square glass baking dish. Any baking dish close to this size can be used.
- Pour 1 cup of sugar, flour,baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk them together. Add in the milk and continue whisking.
- Add the melted butter and whisk everything together until combined. Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Pat dry the sliced strawberries and sprinkle on top of the batter, covering all areas as much as possible. Sprinkle a little amount of sugar on top.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden and bubbly. Sprinkle additional sugar on top around ten minutes before the baking time is done.