Whether festive, filled, sweet, slathered with icing or a combination of all these, This 20 Sweet Bread Recipes have a great assortment of special bread that you can bake at home!
Now that we have 20 Everyday Bread Recipes for the Home Baker, let me present to you the breads on the site that are on the fancier and sweeter side.
These are the ones with a bit more color, more festive and indulgent bread. If you are looking to add some special breads to your recipe repertoire, then you are in the right place!
If you are new to baking yeast bread, check out How to Knead Bread Dough. You will love this collection as it is filled with options you can make for special occasions, or just whenever you want something indulgent and sweet.
20 Sweet Bread Recipes
1. Chelsea Buns. Colorful, festive and loaded with toppings, this is a pretty bread!
2. Japanese Condensed Milk Bread. Another festive bread in loaf form, the condensed milk give this bread a sweet note.
3. Sweet Beehive Buns. One of my favorites from the site, this is filled with a sweetened cream cheese. I love that they are bite sized!
4. Apple Sticky Buns. The apples, the gooey topping and and the walnuts- these buns are so special!
5. Tartine’s Morning Buns. Now this can be a labor of love because they are made of croissant dough, but the results are ultimately rewarding. You can freeze the shaped buns too, so you can make them ahead.
6. Custard Buns. These pillowy, soft buns are filled with a simple custard. Custard buns make 12 huge buns enough for a little gathering.
7. Orange Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing. The orange zest adds a bright flavor to these sweet buns.
8. Apple Challah. The perfect bread centerpiece. This is filled with fresh apples and nuts!
9. Honey Buns with Honey Cream Filling. The buttery cream filling in these Honey buns makes them so irresistible.
10. Coffee Cinnamon Rolls. Coffee in cinnamon rolls. Enough said.
11. Yeast Pecan Coffee Cake. This is a sweet bread with a glorious topping of nuts and brown sugar.
12. Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing. Nothing beats a delicious classic! You will love the maple cream cheese icing!
13. Cinnamon Loaf Bread with Medjool Date Filling. The Medjool dates are naturally sweet, giving this delicious braided loaf a delightful flavor.
14. Brioche Bread Ring. This is one is definitely the perfect bread for any occasion. The simple icing takes them to the next level!
15. Cream Buns. Milky whipped cream, soft buns and dusting of powdered sugar- this bread is a heavenly delight.
16. Sweet Cheese Rolls. The perfect bread with your mug of hot drink, these sweet cheese rolls are so soft and tasty!
17. Hot Cross Buns. My favorite Easter bread, but I make these all year, too!
18. Coconut Buns with Milky Sweet Filling. Another one of my favorite. Ultra soft and filled with a milky coconut paste, these are simply amazing!
19. Dulce de Leche Bread Rolls. Dulce de Leche is a luscious spread and it is perfect inside these soft buns.
20. Strawberry Cream Buns. These recipe uses strawberry jam and cream cheese as filling. They are sweet, creamy and addictive.
I hope you enjoy baking these indulgent bread! If you are looking for more bread recipes, check out these ones: