Do you need a quick Asian noodle fix? This Easy Pad Thai is a simple way to make the Asian favorite without lacking in flavor. It is guaranteed to be delicious, tasty and fast.
As a certified Pad Thai fan, I am so delighted to share this easy recipe, which you can also call quick lunch or dinner in a flash. You know how I love easy cooking and this one is a bonus because it is Pad Thai. I order Pad Thai each time we go to the mall and I never get tired of it.
It is a faaavorite! And to make it at home the simple way gives me joy. This one is a healthy version of it. Way less greasy but definitely tasty. I can have Pad Thai at home any time the craving hits.
The sauce here is the real hero. With whisking together of simple ingredients, you will have one glorious sauce to coat your rice noodles. It is simply delicious.
You will love this Easy Pad Thai because:
- It uses simple ingredients that are easy to find.
- Less chopping.
- It is customizable: You can add diced chicken breast, tofu or scrambled egg.
- It is quick to make.
For the sauce, you will need:
- Coconut Milk
- Peanut Butter
- Soy Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Pepper Flakes
- Grated Ginger
Just whisk all the sauce ingredients together then pour it onto your sauteed garlic and onion, add in your cooked noodles and you are done. You have a tasty and healthier Pad Thai in no time.
You will feel like a real noodle goddess as you eat this. It tastes like the real thing yet you didn’t even break a sweat. My heart was dancing with joy when I was tasting this for the first time.
I was very happy with how the flavors balanced each other to make that familiar note of salty, rich, a bit of tartness and sweetness, and a little bit of heat. Which is exactly why I love Pad Thai so much.
If you want a real feast to serve to dinner with friends, just throw in some diced chicken breast or tofu after your saute. Yum!
So having this recipe now, I can change my preference when it comes to eating at the mall. Maybe I can go with a big, fat burger instead. I can have Pad Thai at home.
More Easy Meals for You:
- 5 Ingredient Lemon BBQ Chicken
- Soy Mustard Chicken
- Rosemary Chicken with Garlic
- Filipino Pancit Canton with Sardines
- Burger Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- Cheddar Cheese Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
- Tuna Pasta
Easy Pad Thai
- 8 oz rice noodles thin like vermicelli
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 of a medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Easy Pad Thai Sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3-4 dash hot sauce
- 1 and 1/2 inch piece of ginger grated
- In a medium pot, boil enough water that can cover the noodles and turn off heat. Immediately add the rice noodles and let it soak in the hot water for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, peanut butter, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, grated ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce and ketchup. Whisk together until the mixture turns into a smooth sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Saute the garlic and onion until they are soft and fragrant. Add the sauce ingredients, followed by the noodles. Stir everything making sure the noodles are coated with the sauce. The sauce may look too much at this point but it will be absorbed by the noodles eventually.
- Turn off heat and serve Pad Thai with a drizzle of lime, cilantro and peanuts.