No parmesan? No problem! This Cheddar Cheese Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is a tasty and classy meal that is done in no time. This is your perfect pasta on a weekday- fast, easy and delicious.
One of the things I learned to master since becoming a mother is to adapt. Adapting to having little sleep, adapting to the spontaneity of raising little human beings and embracing the beautiful chaos of the life called motherhood.
Even with cooking, conforming has become a necessary thing in our house. And today’s recipe is a delicious adaptation of a Chicken Fettucine Alfredo.
You see, my daughter is strong-willed about her dislike for parmesan cheese. So, I don’t normally have it in stock.
Do you know that feeling? You have every ingredient to make a dish except for one. Kinda sad.
So I put my adapting skills to work. Inside the fridge is a big block of a cheddar cheese, looking at me like it is there for a reason.
This cheddar cheese chicken fettuccine alfredo is a delicious adaptation indeed. While it is so easy to prepare, it is packed with delicious flavors of garlic and chicken.
Ever since, I regard this recipe as a regular on its own. Quick, tasty and classy, I don’t mind the absence of parmesan cheese, this chicken fettuccine alfredo has become a family favorite.
So if you want dinner fast, this is what you need. Pastas are classy and delicious, and they are all about the quick preparation. So go ahead, you will love this.
Need more easy dinner? Check these out:
- 5-Ingredient Lemon BBQ Chicken
- Soy Mustard Chicken
- Rosemary Chicken with Garlic
- Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
- Chicken BBQ Pizza
- Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage
Cheddar Cheese Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless and skinless, cut into one inch pieces
- 1/2 cup all purpose-flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups cheddar grated
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. In a bowl, dredge the chicken in flour and shake off the excess. Heat the butter and the olive oil in a large pan over high medium heat. Once the butter melts, add the chicken pieces and the garlic. Cook for 6 minutes or so, until the chicken is cooked through and golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the heavy cream to the same pan and bring to a simmer. Add the grated cheddar cheese and cook until most of it has melted. Add the pasta and toss it around so everything gets coated with the sauce. Add the chicken and carefully toss to combine everything. Turn off heat and garnish with parsley.