Tender and juicy, these sweet and tangy meatballs are smothered with a rich and tasty sauce. Children and adults alike will love this easy to cook dish.
I think I am forever indebted to food blogs. I am thankful for them. I love them.
Although I love food and I am definitely a certified foodie, I still have lots of room for improvement in the cooking department. While I will cook a meal every now and then, I leave the complicated stuff to my Nanay who is the real kitchen master around here. And for the simple dishes, I roll up my sleeves and do the job.
I am glad about the existence of food blogs because they are a virtual place where I can run to every time I am in need of a good recipe for a simple meal.
Case in point, the blog Pioneer Woman Cooks. Call me a copycat, its okay with me, but I just love Ree’s food choices and I love how consistently her recipes always turn out.
Case in point again, these sweet and tangy meatballs. They are so tender that they almost melt in my mouth, and most importantly, my daughter loves them.
I am especially thankful when my daughter eats what I cook. She ate these meatballs meal after another and I could not be happier because my daughter does not eat everything. She still is in the stage of being hesitant to try a wide variety of food. She is confined to eggs, corned beef, longanisa and sinigang.
I am glad that this meatballs recipe is another addition to the food list that she eats.
You see, if I managed to execute a recipe right and my daughter loves the outcome, then that recipe is definitely a keeper.
These meatballs recipe is definitely a keeper.
Need more delicious meals? Also, try:
- Chicken BBQ Pizza
- Rosemary Chicken with Garlic
- Filipino Style Lasagna
- Simple Roasted Mini Potatoes
- Baked Egg Casserole
- Soy Mustard Chicken
- Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup
Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
For the Meatballs:
- 1 and ½ pounds ground beef
- ¾ cup quick oats
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp very finely minced onion
- 1 and ½ tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ketchup
- 6 tbsp minced onion
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- dash of hot sauce omit if necessary
- Combine beef and oats in a large bowl then pour in milk.
- Add onion, salt, and pepper. Combine ingredients by mixing by hand or two big spoons.
- Roll the meatballs into 1 tablespoon rounds and place them on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a canola oil in a large pan. Dredge meatballs with flour and brown the meatballs until light brown, working in batches.
- Place browned meatballs in a rectangular baking dish and preheat oven to 350F.
Make the Sauce and Bake Meatballs
- Combine and stir all sauce ingredients and pour evenly on the meatballs.
- Bake meatballs for 45 minutes until meat is tender and sauce bubbly.