Instant Pot Korean Beef is a tasty dish that is done in under an hour, with a luxurious sweet- savory sauce and ultra tender meat.
The Instant Pot is my dinner lifeline on busy days. Meals look like I Iabored hours and hours for them, yet I didn’t. Aaand this Instant Pot Korean Beef is my no-fail guarantee that my kids will lick their plate clean.
Whenever I am tired of dealing with my picky eaters, and especially when I am short on time, and energy, Korean beef is my perfect go-to.
What is Korean Beef?
- This Korean Beef recipe is made of ground beef that is cooked in a sweet, savory sauce.
- The perfect flavor brought by the combination of brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic makes the sauce really delicious.
- Because this is done in an Instant Pot, the ground beef comes out very tender in no time.
- When combined, the ultra tender meat and the luxurious sauce is just so good- and the bonus is that it is so easy to make!
Pointers and Tips
- I used medium ground beef because I like the extra flavor of the some fat from the beef. However, you can also use lean ground beef in this recipe.
- Note that you do not have to have an Instant Pot to make this recipe. A regular pressure cooker is perfectly fine to use here.
- If you would like to cook this in the stove top, I have outlined the process in the Notes section in the recipe card.
Let’s Make Instant Pot Korean Beef
Combine the sauce ingredients in small bowl: soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and ground ginger.
Brown the Beef in the instant Pot. Press Saute on your Instant Pot. Once Hot displays, add the ground beef. The beef will shortly release some fat so it will not stick to the pan. Toss the beef often until lightly browned. Add the minced garlic and cook until softened. Turn off the Instant Pot.
Add the sauce and stir everything.
Pressure Cook. Set Valve to Sealing. Press Pressure Cook on High and set the timer to 15 minutes.
Release the Pressure. After the time, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, then turn the valve to release and allow the pressure to release completely.
Thicken the Sauce. Turn on the Saute function once again. Combine cornstarch and water to make a smooth slurry. Once the beef is simmering, pour the cornstarch mixture and stir stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
Cook for a few minutes more, then adjust the flavor by adding more sugar, salt or pepper to your liking. Turn off the Instant Pot and transfer the Korean beef to a serving dish.
Serve. Add rice to a bowl, top with Korean beef, and garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
More Easy Meals
- Instant Pot Korean Beef Rice Bowls
- Orange Chicken
- Bang Bang Chicken
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Mushroom and Rice Spicy Thai Soup
- Salmon Poke Bowl
- Spiced Salmon with Lemon Quinoa