With tender beef slices, fresh vegetables plus a fried egg, this Instant Pot Korean Beef Rice Bowl is a wholesome and easy weekday meal that kids and adults will love!
My girls love rice bowls. Well… minus the veggies. But give them a sweet-savory protein, rice, and a soy-based sauce, mixed them up in a bowl, and they are happy little diners.
This Instant Pot Korean Beef Rice Bowl is one of their favorites, and it is easily one of my favorites too. With the easy prep, almost no chopping, and quick cook time, this is a keeper.
What’s to Love?
- This Instant Pot Korean Beef features tender beef in a sweet, garlicky sauce.
- The beef is done in 7 minutes in the instant pot, and the final touch is thickening the sauce with cornstarch slurry which only takes a few minutes.
- The add-ons in the bowls can’t be any more simple. A fried egg, green onions, cilantro, and sesame seeds. You can customize it however you want!
Let’s Make Korean Beef Rice Bowl!
Prepare the Beef and Sauce. Slice beef into 1/2 inch thin strips. Combine and stir soy sauce, mirin, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and water in a small bowl.
Turn on Instant pot to Saute Mode. Once the instant pot displays hot, add olive oil to the pot. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
Brown the Beef. Add the sliced beef and cook, stirring regularly until browned. Cancel/ Turn off the Instant pot. Pour the sauce mixture into the beef in the pot and stir well.
Pressure Cook. Place the lid on the instant pot and turn the valve to sealing. Select Pressure on high and set it to cook for 7 minutes,
Pressure Release. The instant pot will come to pressure in 7-10 minutes. Once the cooking time is done, allow the Instant pot to do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then turn the valve to vent to allow the pressure to release completely.
Next, thicken the sauce. Remove the lid. Stir the beef and press the saute button. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water until you get a smooth paste.
Once the beef sauce starts to boil, pour the cornstarch mixture and stir until the sauce has thickened. Let simmer for a few minutes, and season with pepper. Press Cancel and assemble the bowls.
Assemble the Bowls
- Divide the rice into 4 to 5 bowls. Spoon beef and sauce over the rice.
- Place one fried egg on top of each rice bowl.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve hot.
More Easy Meals
- Salmon Poke Bowl
- Rice and Mushroom Spicy Thai Soup
- Mushroom Jalapeno Naan Pizza
- Air Fryer Swiss Bacon Mushroom Melt
- Baked Chicken Meatballs