Crisp, cheesy, melty, and all done in an air fryer! You will love this Air Fryer Swiss Bacon Mushroom Melt for an easy and delicious lunch.
Grilled cheese sandwiches are giving me life these past weeks. I could eat them every day for breakfast and lunch. There is something so addictive about the crisp brown exterior ( just the look of it sends me to bliss), and the melty cheese inside. It is a perfect combo inside my mouth.
One time, I air-fried a pack of bacon for breakfast, and for some reason, I felt enticed to use the bacon grease for my grilled cheese. I was smitten. It is not a new idea, no. But my tastebuds are so happy!
So the next time I was craving a grilled cheese sandwich, I used the entire crew- the bacon grease, the bacon, and mushrooms. This Air Fryer Swiss Bacon Mushroom Melt was born.
Highlights of The Recipe
- This Swiss Bacon Mushroom Melt is done in air fryer all throughout. Its so convenient especially the bacon part. Bacon cooks way faster in air fryer.
- We start by cooking the bacon, then reserving the grease by pouring it out carefully from the air fryer basket to a small bowl.
- Next, we cook the mushrooms, this does not take very long.
- Finally, we assemble the sandwiches. This makes 3-4 sandwiches. To make it more substantial as a meal, I added avocado slices. We air fry the assembled sandwiches, 2 at a time in the air fryer until they are crisp.
Air Fryer Swiss Bacon and Mushroom Melt: The Process
Cook the Bacon. Set your air fryer to Bacon function or 360 F. Let it preheat for 3 minutes, then carefully lay out the bacon in the basket. You can cook the bacon in two batches if you want. You can cook them in one shot too but you have to toss them around occasionally for even cooking. Once the bacon are crisp and golden, which will be about 8-12 minutes depending on the thickness of your bacon, drain them on a plate that is lined with paper towel.
Save the Bacon Grease. Carefully pour the grease into a heat proof bowl and set aside.
Cook the Mushroom. Using the same settings in the air fryer, add the mushrooms to the basket in an even layer. Drizzle a teaspppn or two of the bacon grease and toss them around. Cook for 4-6 minutes, or until the mushrooms are lightly browned.
Assemble the Sandwiches. Arrange 3-4 squares of Swiss cheese over a slice of rye bread. Lay 3-4 bacon slices over the cheese. Top it with a heaping spoon or two of mushrooms. Arrange the avocado slices on top. Place the second slice of rye over the avoca do to finish the assembly. You can make 3-4 sandwiches.
Cook the Sandwiches in the Air fryer. Set your air fryer to 350 F. Brush or spread bacon grease on both sides of the sandwiches. Arrange them, 2 at a time, in the air fryer basket. Cook for 4-8 minutes, per side, until the cheese melts and the bread is crisp and browned lightly.
More Lunch Recipes
- Mushroom Jalapeno Naan Pizza
- Chicken BBQ Pizza
- Bacon Mushroom Pizza
- Asian Chicken Burger
- Garlic Pork Chowmein
- Salted Fish Chicken Fried Rice
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
Leave a Reply