Oven roasted zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms piled on a whole wheat flatbread along with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese. This Roasted Veggies Flatbread Pizza is ready in less than an hour for a quick, easy meal.
I have fallen into the flatbread deep hole. I am just totally loving them lately. It all started last year. I think I fed myself naan pizza for half the spring and summer season combined.
I topped them with store-bought pesto. Sometimes, I went full- mode with some Mushroom Jalapeno Naan Pizza. I also topped them with just plain mozzarella cheese. Anything.
Today, I am sharing with you how I am executing my flatbread pizza game lately. With all the baking I do, I make sure I get a lot of veggies in my meals so I am not all carbs, carbs and carbs.
Presenting, Roasted Veggies Flatbread Pizza. Eggplants, zucchini, mushrooms and bell pepper, all piled on a whole wheat flatbread along with some mozzarella cheese.
To me, one delicious way to eat veggies is to have them roasted. Not to mention, it is easy too. Just throw them in the baking pan, toss them with some olive oil, pepper and salt.
So this flatbread pizza is quick to put together. Get a nice, square or rectangular whole wheat flatbread, or 2 regular sized naans, roast your veggies and top your pizza with the veggies and cheese.
Again, just like the Vegetable Mozzarella Tortilla Pizza , this a lunch for mom, as my kids won’t really eat veggies (my oldest eats boiled broccoli, though). Sometimes, it is nice to enjoy some personal lunchtime with myself, while my kids nap or watch tv.
Hey, even if that is just a few minutes of me time from time to time, it totally re-charges me and re-affirms my love for cooking for myself and enjoying every bite.
How about you? What is your go-to personal lunch? You really need to try playing with flatbreads if you have not done, so.
It will open a new world of personal lunches for you!
More Delicious Meals For You:
- Mushroom Jalapeno Naan Pizza
- Veggie Mozzarella Tortilla Pizza
- Chicken BBQ Pizza
- Roasted Mini Potatoes
- Cheddar Cheese Fettuccine Alfredo
- Rosemary Chicken with Garlic
- Boursin Cheese Pasta with Bacon and Roasted Veggies
- Vegetable Egg Breakfast Casserole
Roasted Veggies Flatbread Pizza
- 2 cups white mushrooms chopped roughly
- 1 small egg plant sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small zucchini cut diagonally to 1/8 inch thickness
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 +1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 large flat bread or two regular sized naan bread
- 1 and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 small orange bell pepper julienned
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Soak the crushed garlic in the olive oil in a small bowl. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper. Combine mushrooms, eggplant and zucchini in a large bowl. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Toss to distribute the oil and seasonings.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are golden and the eggplant is soft. Brush the surface of the flatbread with the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt all over. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Top the flatbread with mozzarella all over. Arrange the mushroom, eggplant, zucchini and peppers on top. Sprinkle the dried oregano. Bake at 425 F for 12-18 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Leave a Reply