Quick Pasta for lunch? You will love these Boursin Cheese Pasta for an easy, cheesy meal filled with roasted vegetables and bacon.
I can’t be the only one who is happy to arrive early for dentist appointments so I can scan through the magazines scattered in the waiting area, right?
Because let’s face it. As a mom, we hardly have any time when we can read in peace, do something without being interrupted or having our kids calling our names 100 times. Right?
So for me, those short, peaceful moments reading through magazines, sitting comfortably in a soft couch and being in a quiet, well- lit room is actually a mini vacation.
On one occasion, my husband teased me that of all the people in the waiting lounge, I was the only one with head bent over a magazine and not on a phone. What he did not know was that something delicious in a magazine caught my eye.
His future lunch was about to unfold. I was looking at this Boursin Cheese Pasta. The photo of the roasted vegetables, mixed in with bow tie pasta with a simple white sauce had me enticed.
I knew right there that I have to make it.
Boursin Cheese Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Bacon
- Ready in less than an hour.
- Simple, tasty and easy to prepare.
- Loaded with roasted vegetables with bits of crisp bacon for the meat.
- A complete, satisfying meal.
This Boursin Cheese Pasta wins in every department. First, the ingredients are easy to find in the supermarkets. Second, the preparation is not complex and third, it is done in no time.
Because easy cooking is everything, right?
Of course, I have to mention that no flavor and quality has been compromised. Yes the dish is quick, but the flavor and texture from the roasted veggies, and the richness of the cheese sauce gives the dish such a delicious balance.
The Boursin cheese itself provides a cheesy, herby flavor that is not overpowering. And I love that you only need to crumble it over the pasta and voila, your sauce is done!
See, you throw the veggies and bacon in the oven, boil your pasta, crumble your cheese, mix them all together and you are done. Not much effort. Lunch is ready in no time.
When it comes to cooking, easy and delicious always win. Enjoy these you guys. When I snatch another recipe from the dentist office, I will let you know.
On the other hand, stay tuned later this week for a decadent Coffee Swiss Roll recipe.
More Quick Lunches for You:
- Mushroom Jalapeno Naan Pizza
- Rice and Mushroom Spicy Thai Soup
- Easy Pad Thai
- Veggies and Mozzarella Cheese Tortilla Pizza
- Soy Mustard Chicken
- Roasted Mini Potatoes
- Smokies and Veggies Pot Pie with Biscuits Topping
- Cheddar Cheese Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
- Tuna Pasta
Boursin Cheese Pasta
- 2 and 3/4 cups bow tie pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli chopped in thirds
- 1 piece zucchini cut into 1 inch pieces rectangles
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 4 strips bacon chopped into 4 pieces per strip
- 150 gram package Boursin Cheese herb and garlic flavor
- 2 tbsp chives finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the broccoli, zucchini, and onion in a single layer in the pan. Drizzle olive oil over the veggies, then add the salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Toss around to distribute the seasoning and oil.
- Add the bacon over the vegetables. Bake for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, flipping the veggies and bacon halfway through.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Before draining it, reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Return the drained pasta into the pot. Crumble the Boursin cheese over the pasta. Add 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking liquid. Stir everything together until the cheese is melted.
- Add more of the cooking liquid as needed to make a thin sauce. Add the roasted veggies and bacon to the pot and gently mix it in. Divide among plates or bowls and sprinkle with chopped chives.