This Rosemary Chicken with Garlic is your perfect weeknight meal made of soft and juicy chicken thighs smothered in a rich, tasty and herby garlic sauce.
Chicken thighs are my most favorite part of the chicken. I love the combination of the fat from the skin and the soft meat surrounding the bones. It is the tastiest, juiciest part, if you ask me.
I definitely agree with what I read somewhere: Chicken thigh is the bacon of chicken. Why, of course it is. Think fried chicken thighs. Enough said.
Now this rosemary chicken is sure another great way to serve my favorite chicken thighs. The juicy chicken first get coated in a delicious breading of flour and sweet paprika. The paprika definitely add a delicious kick as it gives a sweet-savory note to the meat.
The rosemary adds that fresh, earthy flavor that complements the chicken well. This herb is definitely a new flavor profile for our family. And unexpectedly, this rosemary chicken is accepted warmly even by my kids, which to me is such a win.
And let us not forget that there are also whole cloves of garlic thrown in there. And I love the fact that you actually just throw in whole, unpeeled cloves of garlic in there. Such a win for a lazy girl like me. And the flavor, everything just melds in deliciously as this dish cooks.
I deboned the chicken here but it is just my preference. You can leave the bone on, if you prefer. I just like it when we can all just slice through the chicken and eat it instantly. Ha! Here is a girl who is lazy to peel a garlic but not to debone a chicken! (weird)
This dish is perfect, as in, like a match made in heaven with these roasted mini potatoes. Serve this combo for dinner tonight and you will have a table full of smiles.
If you love this and want more chicken recipes, try this soy mustard chicken or this 5 ingredients lemon bbq chicken.
Trust me, these won’t disappoint for those times you want to have chicken dinner nights.
Rosemary Chicken with Garlic
- 8 chicken thighs deboned, skin on
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic unpeeled
- 3 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a plate, combine flour, paprika and pepper. Toss the chicken in this flour mixture until adequately coated. Heat a skillet with the oil and cook the chicken in batches until browned all over.
- If necessary, discard some oil from the skillet until you are left with only about two tablespoons. Return all the chicken in the same skillet, then add the garlic and chicken stock. Let boil.
- Transfer everything, the chicken and liquid to a deep baking dish and add the rosemary. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken without the sauce in a serving dish. Thicken the sauce in the same skillet you used earlier over medium heat. Pour sauce over the chicken.