Juicy Chicken pieces with delicious, flavorful sauce, this Five Ingredient Lemon BBQ Chicken is your new go-to dinner recipe on a weekday.
While I love a good fried chicken with its crispy skin and all, I also have a good relationship with BBQ chicken and its deep, robust flavor.
Yes, a breaded chicken is a winner in my books, but a saucy, roasted chicken is delicious in its own way. This lemon BBQ chicken is boosted in flavor by the barbeque marinade, with the lemon to add a hint of freshness and flavor contrast.
And let me add that it is fork-tender too.
This is one of my go-to recipes whenever I need something that is sure not to fail. I love this because it requires no serious kitchen skill at all.
Let me refresh you again, 5 ingredients:
- Barbeque Marinade
- Cajun Seasoning
Roll up your sleeves, we have some serious cooking to do! (or not)
You guys, I am actually a lucky girl. I live with my nanay who is a serious and passionate cook. She is the master of the kitchen. I rarely have to worry about what to cook next, or what to feed the family. My nanay has got us covered.
But when it comes to simple, easy cooking, I must say I have gathered a few recipes for those times that I really have to cook. And this is one of them.
And this recipe is a winner for me because:
- It requires minimal chopping.
- It cooks in one dish.
- You place it in the oven, leave it there and check after an hour or so.
- You get to serve a delicious, saucy chicken dish that everyone loves.
You definitely can’t go wrong with this BBQ chicken. If you need dinner without all the fuss, then here you go!
Need more chicken recipes? Also, try:
- Chicken BBQ Pizza
- Rosemary Chicken with Garlic
- Baked Chicken Empanada
- Chicken Katsu
- Soy Mustard Chicken
- Orange Chicken
Five Ingredient Lemon BBQ Chicken
- 5 pieces chicken legs and back attached
- 1 cup Mama Sitas BBQ marinade or bbq marinade of your choice
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 tbsp cajun seasoning
- juice of 1 lemon
- In a shallow baking dish, add 1 cup of BBQ marinade and juice of ½ lemon. Stir to combine.
- In a separate plate , rub the chicken pieces with cajun seasoning. Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and spoon some of the liquid over the chicken. Marinate the chicken for at least 4 hours up to over night.
- Before baking, prick the chicken pieces using a fork several times and squeeze the juice of another half lemon over them. Spoon some marinade over the chicken pieces and finally, add the chopped onion into the dish.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 1 hour or more. When you poke the chicken with a knife, the juice should run clear. The skin is deeply golden.
- Serve immediately while warm.