Flavorful cajun chicken nestled in a white creamy sauce, This Cajun Chicken and Corn Pizza is a delicious addition to your pizza rotation.
Hello and a happy brand new year to you all! The first post of the year is a pizza! This is one of the indulgent things we had during the kids’ winter break.
And oh what a grand time it was! I really love having my kids home all day when we can sleep late, enjoy movies and eat treats for days. This Cajun Chicken and Corn Pizza is a close sibling of my Bacon Mushroom White Pizza, and was totally enjoyed ( except for the youngest 2 members).
Cajun Chicken and Corn White Pizza
I knew I wanted a white sauced pizza and was thinking of new flavor combinations to put on top of it. This Italian Sausage White Pizza from my other blog was a total hit, so I thought of making a new version.
So immediately I fancies the bold flavors of Cajun, pairing it with the mild sweetness of the corn, we have a delicious combination.
Process, Tips and Pointers
The Pizza Dough
- This is my easy and simple pizza dough recipe. Few ingredients and always turns out amazing. Pillowy soft and slightly chewy, its texture is perfect.
- The recipe makes enough for two 9 to 12ish inch pizzas. For this recipe, you can freeze the other half for future use.
The Cajun Chicken
Using a sharp knife slice the chicken breast in half along its thickness to make 2 fillets. Generously coat the chicken in the Cajun spice mix and pan fry until nicely golden.
Let this cool slightly, then cut into little cubes.
The White Sauce
- The white sauce is made of butter, flour, milk and parmesan cheese. It starts out by making a roux as a thickener.
- The milk is added to the butter-flour mixture. Whisk this continuously until the liquid is ever so slightly thickened.
- Turn off the heat, then add the parmesan. Stir this until smooth.
Assembly of the Pizza
The layering goes like white sauce, chicken, mozzarella and corn. But we do this in two addition so basically, you will pile on half of everything, followed by the remaining half of everything.
Also note that in the second layer, you add the white sauce in dollops because it will be hard to spread it once there is stuff in the pizza already.
Enjoy the pizza while it’s still warm. Delicious!
My husband love white pizza sauces. And with chicken and corn is perfect! Thanks for the recipe.
Thanks, Jomelyn! I hope you enjoy it!