Crunchy salmon bites that are so full of flavor, this Spiced Salmon with Lemon Quinoa is a light, tasty meal that is wholesome and delicious!
The year is almost closing! What a year 2022 was. We moved houses, moved provinces and experienced a lot of firsts with my family in this new city.
Now let us end the year with a simple and wholesome dish that you can make to welcome the year. This Spiced Salmon with Lemon Quinoa is simple yet has a touch of elegance.
Served in a bowl with mango cubes and charred sweet peppers. This has self-love written all over it.
Spiced Salmon With Lemon Almond Quinoa
- Salmon Cubes. Use fresh Atlantic salmon fillets (not frozen ones). I love salmon for its “meaty” tender meat and the moist bites of fat that sits between the skin and the flesh.
- Simple Seasoning Mix. Cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Along with the flour, this coats the salmon nicely giving it an extraordinary flavor and amazing color.
- The Lemon Quinoa. A grain completes the meal, but it is not just any cooked grain. The quinoa is infused with lemon to give the dish a fresh and bright element.
- The Sweet Mango Cubes and the Mini Peppers. Do not skip these as they give a sweet and bright flavor to the dish. I used frozen cubed mangoes, they are actually good quality and sweet! You can also use fresh if they are available where you are.
A Simple, One-Pan Dish
Everything cooks in a wide skillet or cast iron (preferred), from the salmon to the peppers and lastly the lemon quinoa.
The flavors just meld beautifully in every cooking step!
Pointers For Spiced Salmon Bowl Success
- You can adjust the seasoning mix to your preference. If you want it spicier, add more cayenne. For a bolder flavor, add more cumin. But I will leave the salt as is and just season it accordingly upon serving.
- Again, use fresh Atlantic Salmon fillet with skin on. Do not use frozen ones because some varieties are impossible to slice after thawing.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the salmon into cubes.
- This dish will generously serve 2, and enough for 4 as a light meal. So it is perfect for a date night at home, or as lunch for a couple of days to take to your work.
- You can easily double the recipe to make this a meal prep for a week’s worth of lunches for you! Just add on the cubed mangoes upon serving.
- Baked Turkey Taquitos
- Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
- Easy Baked Fish Fillet
- Salmon Poke Bowl
- Instant Pot Korean Beef Rice Bowls