Tender beef slices in sweet savory Asian sauce, this Beef Teriyaki with Mushroom and Broccoli is a flavorful meal on repeat in our household!
Hello, one and all! Happy Brand New Year! I have soaked so much of the holiday and did not get any post up for weeks 🙂
But now my 2 girls are back at school, and vacation is over. I am back to regular programming, and yes with a brand new recipe- Beef Teriyaki with Mushrooms and Broccoli.
Beef, Teriyaki sauce and mushrooms. These are three of my eldest daughter’s favorites. She has always been partial to Asian flavors.
It is easy to feed her anything soy sauce based. So when introduced to the sweet savory Asian sauce called teriyaki, it easily became her favorite.
Beef Teriyaki with Mushroom and Broccoli
While it is easy to put a teriyaki dish together using a pre-made teriyaki sauce ( which I have done before, too), today, let’s take the luxury of making one from scratch.
The Teriyaki Sauce
- Soy Sauce. Do not use dark soy sauce or light soy sauce. This recipe is written and tested using regular soy sauce Preferably, use Marca Pina or Silver Swan brand.
- Brown Sugar. Adds just the perfect note of sweetness to the sauce.
- Mirin. This a rice wine that add depth of flavor to the sauce. If you do not have it use rice vinegar or sherry, and add a few teaspoons of sugar to offset the acidity.
- Sesame Oil. Adds that distinct Asian flavor to the dish.
Pointers and Tips
- This is a one-pan dish. I have included red wine vinegar in the recipe to use for deglazing the pan of the stuck bits from browning the beef. But if this does not happen to your pan, you can skip the deglazing step.
- One pan dish means all the flavor sinks in as you cook. You will love this!
- Dredging the beef in cornstarch makes the meat velvety tender as it cooks. For a more tender chew, slice the beef against the grain when you make it into strips.
Lastly, enjoy this delicious flavorful dish with rice! I love how the sauce sticks to everything in each spoon ful. I hope you love this as much as we do.
- Anytime Easy Beef Burrito
- Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
- Turkey Taquitos
- Baked Fish Fillet with Simple Mayo Topping