These Baked Chicken Thighs in Liver Spread Sauce is a tasty and saucy dish that you can easily make on a weeknight. The deep and rich flavor will amaze you!
Whenever I am stuck for ideas on what to cook for dinner, I turn to chicken thighs or chicken breasts. Don’t you? I love that they are easy to handle and very versatile. In my case, I always have fun experimenting with sauces to slather them with.
Now don’t be weirded out by the liver spread. It may not be as common for a sauce ingredient but trust me, it gives a certain depth and richness to the flavor.
You will love this because of its easy preparation, and the simplicity of ingredients. Pair it with rice, or veggies and you have a tasty and filling meal without all the fuss.
Baked Chicken Thighs In Liver Spread Sauce
- Olive oil
- Liver Spread
- Lemon Juice
- Brown Sugar
So counting the chicken, this dish has 6 ingredients and it is as simple as mixing together the sauce ingredients and coating the chicken thighs with it. Easy!
You get a slight heat from the sriracha and a nice subtle sweetness from the brown sugar. The lemon juice cuts through the richness and balances the flavor of the sauce.
Once baked, the sauce coats the chicken nicely and my favorite part, the caramelized parts that are borderline crispy and chewy. Yum!
This my friends are the kind of meal that I approve of. One that I can easily whip up after a big day of baking and shooting photos for the blog.
It s the kind of meal that can save me from eating cakes and sweet bread for dinner. Easy, tasty and quick. Lifesaver.
*For a quick clean up, line the baking pan or dish with parchment paper.
Where to find liver spread?
These are canned varieties that can be found on the canned meats section or at the international aisles of supermarkets. Similarly, you can find lots in Asian groceries. I love Purefoods brand and Palm.
Is the dish too spicy?
The dish has a noticeable heat from the sriracha but not too strong to be categorized as spicy. If you want to lessen the heat, reduce sriracha.
More Chicken Goodness:
- Chicken BBQ Pizza
- 5-Ingredient Lemon BBQ Chicken
- Rosemary Chicken with Garlic
- Soy Mustard Chicken
- Baked Chicken Empanada
- Cheddar Cheese Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Chicken Burger Sliders
- Chicken Katsu
Baked Chicken Thighs in Liver Spread Sauce
- 8 pieces skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup liver spread canned ones
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 F. In a bowl, mix together olive oil, brown sugar, liver spread, lemon juice and sriracha.
- Arrange the chicken in a non-stick baking pan, or line the pan with parchment paper. Pour the sauce over the chicken and flip once or twice to fully coat each piece with the sauce.
- Bake the chicken at 425 F for 25-30 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and chicken is tender. Serve warm with rice and/or vegetables.