Bring these Chicken Burger Sliders to your next gathering and they will be gone fast before you know it. Tasty chicken patties and sweet caramelized onions, you will be filled and satisfied.
I love the idea of baking together a bunch of sandwiches in a single dish. You get a whole bunch of delicious parcels of food to take somewhere, to feed a number of people and they are hot, melty and the bread so soft.
My first encounter with these sliders type of sandwiches are these hot roast beef ones from The Pioneer Woman. I have made them over and over again ever since, and taking them to a Christmas potluck has proven that they are very likable. One that will send people your way asking for the recipe.
These Chicken Burger Sliders are another take on the hot sandwiches, this time using ground chicken patties. The caramelized onions, in my opinion, is a must, MUST for these sandwiches. I love how they pair perfectly whatever meat is in the sandwich. And in these sliders, they are meant to be.
I will not even recommend just adding plain onions in these. By all means, take that extra step of caramelizing your onions. The flavor, sweet and savory, takes your burgers from delicious to special.
Another added bonus, the garlic butter glaze. I love garlicky, buttery flavors. So this one is a personal preference. You get a subtle, something-is-in-there flavor that blends well with the rest of the sandwich, not too strong to stand out but definitely adds that hint of garlic.
Then, I sprinkled some dried parsley just before baking for, you know, artsy purpose. That is it. Just for the artsy purpose. You can sprinkle sesame seeds if you want too. Either way, these Chicken Burger Sliders are appetizing, tasty and wonderful.
They are my favorite thing to bring to parties. They are perfect to have at home too and make for a few days worth of lunches. Just re-heat and eat. Perfect!
More Delicious Food:
- Chicken BBQ Pizza
- Cheddar Cheese Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Roasted Mini Potatoes
- Mushroom Jalapeno Naan Pizza
- Veggie Mozzarella Tortilla Pizza
- My Morning Breakfast Toasts
- Soy Mustard Chicken
- Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
- Rosemary Chicken with Garlic
- Smokies and Veggies Pot Pie with Biscuits Topping
Chicken Burger Sliders
For the Chicken Patties
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp canola oil
For the Caramelized Onions
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 big red onion sliced into long strings
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 12 thin slices Swiss or American Cheese
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonaisse
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
For the Garlic Butter Glaze
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp butter
- dried parsley for sprinkling on the burgers.
- Combine all patties ingredients in a bowl and form into 3-inch discs. Arrange them on a plate. Heat the canola oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties in batches, just until browned. Drain on paper towels.
Caramelize the Onions
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter until bubbly. Add the onions and cook over low heat, until soft and translucent. Add the honey and continue cooking, stirring often until the onions are caramelized or browned. season with salt and pepper.
Make the Garlic Butter Glaze
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and the garlic cloves, until the butter melts and the garlic is cooked.
Assemble and Bake the Chicken Burgers
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with some of the garlic butter glaze. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Spread about one tablespoon of the sauce on a bottom half of a bun. Place one patty on top. Top with caramelized onions and then with the cheese. Cover with the top half of the bun. Repeat with the rest of the buns.
- Brush the garlic butter glaze on top of the buns. Sprinkle some dried parsley over top. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.
This was SOOOO GOOD! I just changed the patty up a bit by adding ranch seasoning to the meat. Also we grilled the patty. but followed the recipe with everything else. It Was so good! I’m definitely making this again!!!
Hello Kouser! Thank you so much for your feedback! I am going to try them grilled next time!