This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is an easy, one bowl quick bread that is not too rich or sweet but can satisfy your chocolate cravings in every slice.
This Pumpkin Chocolate chip bread is one of the treats that marks the start of the baking season for me. Don’t you just love this approaching season? The time of food planning, baking, and cooking. I enjoy the buzz and excitement of talking about what will be served on Christmas or New Years and who will bring what dishes and so and so.
Now to start it light and easy, we have this pumpkin loaf. A chocolatey bread but it is not rich or sweet to overwhelm anyone in your family who does not have a sweet tooth.
I do believe that you cannot go wrong with a simple chocolate baked treat. For a quick chocolate fix, a slice or two of this bread and you will be satisfied.
And let me also mention that this is so easy to do. If you are not up to elaborate baking, or you want a simple chocolate treat on a lazy day of Fall, this is your recipe.
One bowl, no mixer and easily baked in a loaf pan, you will have this tasty pumpkin chocolate chip bread out of the oven in no time.
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread?
In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs until uniform in color.
Add the cocoa powder, pumpkin puree, sour cream, eggs, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Whisk everything together until smooth and well combined.
Add the flour gradually and stir, until its incorporated and the batter is mostly smooth. Do not overmix.
Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
Transfer the batter into a 9×5 inch loaf pan that is lined with parchment paper. Level the batter using an offset spatula. Top the batter with the remaining chocolate chips.
Bake the bread at 350 F for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center of the bread comes out clean with some bits of moist crumbs.
Now slice into that bread, moist from the pumpkin and flavorful from the cocoa and chocolate chips. This is the bread that you want before all the food extravaganza this coming Holiday season.
Need more chocolate treats? Check these other posts:
- Best Ever Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Chiffon Cake with Chocolate Orange Glaze
- Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream Chocolate Icing
- Chocolate Croissants
- Chocolate Brioche
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rolls
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 9x5 inch loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs until it is uniform in color. Add the pumpkin puree, sour cream, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk together until the mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add the flour and stir in gently until combined. Do not over mix. Stir in half the chocolate chips, reserving the rest for toppings. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out to make it even (This is a thick batter). Sprinkle the reserved chocolate chips on top. Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted a the center comes out clean with bits of moist crumbs.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Leave a Reply