Flavorful chicken, veggies, and a smoky chipotle flavor, Chicken Crunch Wrap with Chipotle Cheese is a complete packet of flavor and texture!
It is such a joy to see my eldest daughter starting to try new kinds of food outside of her comfort zone. For a while, she has been pretty much confined to eggs, nuggets, instant noodles, and corned beef.
But lately, I am amazed at how she licked a plate clean of red pasta and ate at least 3 burritos, and had this Chicken Cruncwrap with Chipotle Cheese for lunch 2 days in a row!
Chicken Crunch Wrap with Chipotle Cheese
- Tender and flavorful chicken, along with tomatoes and lettuce make this crunch wrap such a filling meal.
- The chipotle-flavored cheese adds richness. The smoky flavor rounds everything beautifully.
- For the crunchy element, I used round tortilla chips. Tostadas are not easy to find where I live, but if you can get them, use tostadas.
Let’s Make It
COOK THE CHICKEN
In a bowl, whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss it around until it is fully coated with the seasonings. Let this sit for 10 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the coated chicken, probably in two batches and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is nicely golden and a thermometer inserted at the thickest part reads 165 F. Transfer to plate and let it sit for about 7 minutes. Cut into little cubes.
MAKE THE CHIPOTLE CHEESE
Using a food processor, puree the chipotle peppers until it turns into a paste.
In a medium saucepan, heat butter until it melts and bubbles. Add the flour and whisk constantly until the mixture is smooth and lightly golden. Slowly pour the evaporated milk.
Continue to whisk until the mixture begins to slightly thicken. Add the grated cheddar cheese and stir until it melts. Add the chipotle peppers and stir until it is well distributed. Turn off the heat. This sauce will thicken more as it cools.
MAKE THE CRUNCH WRAP
Warm up a 12-inch tortilla in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to make it pliable. Lay it out on a clean surface or a plate. Spoon about 2 tbsp of chicken in the middle.
Add some lettuce and tomatoes. Flatten the filling slightly so it is in a somewhat even layer. Spoon about 2-3 tbsp of chipotle cheese. Top everything with some round tortilla chips, or a tostada.
Fold the edges of the tortilla over to the center, making some pleats, so that the fillings are covered. Lay it on a plate seam side down to hold its shape.
Repeat the process for as many as you want to prepare for this batch. The recipe can make about 8-10 wraps.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Lay the wrap, seam side down and cook until lightly toasted. Flip to cook the other side.
- If you are not feeding 8-10, just make enough for what you need and you can store the leftovers separately in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Assemble leftovers and cook the same way as described above.
More Delicious Food
- Air Fryer Swiss Bacon and Mushroom Melt
- Mushroom Jalapeno Naan Pizza
- Mushroom and Rice Spicy Thai Soup
Leave a Reply