Make a ready-to-go breakfast with these Vegan Vanilla Overnight Oats. It is filled with nutritious oats and vanilla soy milk, then garnished with bananas and berries. This a quick and instant breakfast that you can make ahead!
If you dread the morning rush of prepping breakfast, packing lunches and getting ready, then Overnight oats might just help you lighten the load.
Overnight oats are nicely soft but still textured, sweetened any way you like, and topped with basically any fruit that you have. Wouldn’t be a breeze if breakfast is already made the night before?
What are Overnight Oats?
- It is basically an easier way of preparing oatmeal- no cooking is involved and only a few ingredients are needed.
- It only requires you to soak the oats in any milk you like- and since this recipe is a vegan version- I used vanilla-flavored soy milk.
- This recipe uses maple syrup as a sweetener, but any other kind ( brown sugar, honey stevia) is fine too.
- After the overnight soaking, the oats will have a perfect consistency- soft but not mushy, textured but not gritty.
- Then, the toppings choices are endless! Fruits, nuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, pepitas..up to you!
Let’s Make Vegan Vanilla Overnight Oats!
The night before, combine vanilla soy milk and rolled oats in a bowl. Mix well and cover. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
The next morning, divide the oats over 2 jars or any containers. Drizzle maple syrup or any sweetener of your choice. Layer your desired toppings.
Then, enjoy! Easy peasy, isn’t it?
Pointers and Tips
You can use any non-dairy, vanilla-flavored milk you like (oatmilk, almond milk, or cashew milk). If you cannot find vanilla-flavored variety, simply add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract to your overnight oats mixture.
Overnight oats can stay in the fridge for up to 3 days. If it has gotten too thick, simply add a splash of milk upon serving.
If you like to enjoy the oats warm, microwave the oats for 30-40 seconds before adding your toppings.