These Apple Cornbread Muffins are tender, moist, and filled with delicious textures of apples and pecans. They are a delightful bite with soup, as a side, or on their own.
This post is brought to you by Washington Organic Apples. I have been compensated for my time and effort in creating this delicious recipe to share with you. Thank you for supporting the brands I love.
I always have this love for cornbread. That grainy, fall-apart texture, and that distinct earthy taste, I’d slather the entire thing with butter and I am one happy girl.
This cornbread is a cross between a dessert-type muffin and the side dish type cornbread.
Filled with Washington Organic Apples for a succulent, sweet texture and pieces of pecan for a soft crunch, these muffins are simply delicious. Good for an indulgent bite but also a perfect match to soups and salads.
Organic Washington Apples include the key apple varieties such as Fuji, Gala, Honey Crisp, Red Delicious, Granny Smith, and another favorite, the Cosmic Crisp.
Washington State is known as one of the premier apple-growing areas in the world. The growing conditions make the region very ideal to grow organic apples.
I have used Fuji and Red Delicious varieties for this recipe and both turned out very good. Granny Smith and Gala will also work well. You can use your favorite variety as you prefer.
All these apples are grown on nutrient-rich soil, and with the dry climate, plentiful water and advanced growing practices, Washington Organics only gives us the best, top-quality organic apples. It is also fun to know that each of Washington Organic Apples is picked by hand!
What I Love About These Apple Cornbread Muffins?
- They are simple and easy to make. These require no mixer, and involves very easy preparation.
- They are filled with nutrient-rich apples, which are very high in fiber and vitamin C. Each apple contains only 72g calories and 19 grams carbohydrates, and one medium apple is equal to 1 serving of fruit and vegetables.
- They are a handy, tasty snack anytime, anywhere!
Let’s Make Apple Cornbread Muffins
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray. In a bowl whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, egg and vanilla extract. Stir well until the egg is dispersed.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet mixture into the bowl. With a rubber spatula, gently scoop the dry ingredients into the center in 5-8 strokes.
Add the pecans and the chopped apples, and continue folding the mixture gently for another 8-10 strokes.
The batter should be lumpy, and a bit chunky. Do not over mix or you will end up with dry, gummy muffins.
Scoop the batter into the muffin pans until each cavity is almost full. Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the middle muffin comes out clean.
Tips and Pointers
- Use the fine ground corn flour for this recipe.
- Any apple variety will work for this cornbread recipe. If you like firmer apples in your baked goods, use granny smith. For a more sweet bite, use Fuji or Gala. Red Delicious will give you tender, melt in your mouth apples in these muffins.
- Store leftover muffins in a tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To serve leftover, heat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Pat with butter, if desired.
More Apple Recipes
- Apple Sticky Buns
- Caramelized Apple Tarts
- Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding
- Apple Crumb Cake
- Apple Streusel Cake
- Apple Tart
- Cornbread Muffins
- Buttery Cornbread recipe