A fun take on classic corn dogs, these Korean Corn Dogs are wieners covered in a slightly sweet batter, then coated with crispy panko. They are deep-fried to a perfect crisp and best enjoyed hot and fresh!
Hello bakers, foodies, friends. I am happy to be here again and sharing a new recipe with you. One thing we are loving lately are these trendy Korean Corn Dogs. Just one look at them and I am sold. The crunchy panko, the meaty hotdog, and the beautiful golden color, I just cannot resist!
So after trying out the commercially sold ones, I knew I had to try making them at home. These popular Korean street food are so over the top, I tell you. They are coated in various things: potatoes, ramen, Cheetos… I mean, right? Whoever invented this had the intention of going wild vs the classic ones, and we all love it!
Korean Corn Dogs: Step by Step Process
- Skewer the Hotogs/Wieners.Using durable barbecue skewers or disposable chopsticks, skewer the hotdogs and pat them dry.
- Make the Batter. To make the batter, whisk together the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the milk and the eggs and stir everything together until the mixture is lump-free. This is a thick batter. Transfer the batter to a wide-rimmed baking dish. Pour panko crumbs on a wide plate.
- Coat the Hotdogs. To coat, hold up one skewered hotdog over the baking dish. Using a fork, scoop out a generous amount of batter towards the hotdog. Distribute the batter all around the hotdog by rotating the fork around, coating the hotdog with the batter as the fork rotates around it. You don’t need a thick layer to coat the hotdog, swipe away any excess batter back to the baking dish.
- Coat the hotdog with Panko.Toss the coated hotdog in panko to coat. You don’t need a very thick coating here. I find that when the panko coating is too thick, the resulting fried corn dog hardens on the outside.
- Deef Fry the Korean Corn Dogs. In a heavy-bottomed wide pan, heat oil to 350 degrees. Once the oil reaches the temperature, lower 2-3 hotdogs at a time and fry, turning once or twice until the corn dogs are nicely golden. Sprinkle sugar over the fried corn dogs. Drizzle with your choice of condiment and serve hot.
More Delicious Food to Try:
Don’t Forget the Desserts:
- Cream Buns
- Chocolate Cake Roll With Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Black Forest Icebox Cake
- Three Ingredient Ovaltine Ice Cream
Leave a Reply