Hello, amazing people! How have you been doing? Still, we are in a strange, history-worthy time, either confined in our homes or out there braving this challenging situation day after day.
But, we are still here right? All here. Trying and showing up and I think that is a great thing.
My pregnancy has been initially hard, especially that it is right on time with the quarantine. Firstly, my nausea had been so bad. Life-changing, saddening, weakening bad. But before I sound so pessimistic, let me just say that it has gotten a lot better now. So much better. So are my raging pregnancy hormones, which for the past couple of months have turned me into a constantly sad, weepy person that I actually started to believe that I had a case of depression.
But as sure as you can’t stop the sun from shining, light inevitably peeks through the clouds, my morning arises. A new life. A new energy.
And right away as soon as the first sign of my energy comes back, I began listing things I am grateful for, mostly every day. A gratitude list never fails to lift me up, and to make me feel better even more.
- Book: What I Know for Sure by Oprah
- Finding little miracles everyday, in nature (like feeling the cold air on my cheeks) and in my daily ordinary life.
- Eating breakfast as a family. I find that being on quarantine is truly a blessing because all week, my husband, my two kids and myself get to eat in the same table for breakfast. This is not really possible when Adrian has to work and my Faye has school.
- My daughters’ joy and glee. every.single.day. I can wish they’ll allow me to rest but, man, just the fact that they are healthy and active is 5 stars!
- Soy candles. Lighting scented candles relaxes my body and senses, makes my nightly reading more enjoyable. It is my way of winding down.
- My non-stop, increasing blogging income. Thank you, thank you, God. Thank you universe!
- My job ( my blog) that allows me to take this much needed time off, and still enables me to earn for our groceries and for (ahem) online shopping.
- Teas. I am loving orange pekoe, chamomile and earl grey. I look forward to my cups of tea everyday.
- Yoga. As I regain my strength back, I am able to do yoga a few times a week. It never fails to make me feel like a superstar.
- Personal lunches. Yes. I can’t just take it away from my blood. A foodie will always be a foodie. My food tastes are a bit different from the rest of the people in my house, but then being a food blogger, and the fact that I am always on Instagram makes me want to try a lot of things.
- My husband, Adrian working from home. Yes, he is one more person to prep food for, BUT he does dishes every meal. Ha!
- My little Therese’s 4th birthday. She is four. How time flies. My sweet little baby girl, who I once carried in a carrier to walk to the Asian supermarket, my boots soggy and wet from the soft snow, my back tired from her weight, just so I can buy a pack of frozen grated purple yam to make a recipe for this little blog. I can’t not remember that day without a tug in my heart. And she is four. Kids.
Thank you for being here today. Let’s keep hanging. If you have your own gratitude list, let me know in the comments section. I love hearing from you!