This Apple Loaf Cake is moist, buttery and loaded with sweet cinnamon apples. The sweet pecan toppings add a delicious crunch and flavor.
Don’t you just love having a loaf cake on stand-by? One that you reach out for to have with your cup of coffee? Personally, I think loaf cakes are a wonderful daily dessert.
They are homey, laidback and simple to make. This Apple Loaf Cake highlights the warm, autumn-y flavor of fall, and the pecan toppings add a nice sweetness.
Apple Loaf Cake with Sweet Pecans
- Made without the need for an electric mixer. Everything is mixed by hand.
- You can use any variety of apples that you prefer.
- If stored the right way, this loaf cake stays moist and soft for days!
- It’s a beautiful balance of sweetness, tart, and the flavor of cinnamon spice.
Let’s Make Apple Loaf Cake
First, Make the Apple Mixture
Combine chopped apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, and flour in a medium bowl. Toss well so that the apples are nicely coated.
Make the Cake Batter
Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt using a wire whisk.
In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and the sugars until the eggs are dispersed thoroughly. Add the buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
Add the flour mixture to the bowl of wet ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to gently mix in the flour, stopping about halfway, then add the apple mixture.
Gently stir everything together until the ingredients are just combined. Do not over-mix. Pour and scrape the batter into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan that is lined with parchment paper.
Top the batter with chopped pecans, then sprinkle brown sugar all over.
Bake the Apple Loaf Bread
Bake at 350 F for 45-48 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. Let the pan rest on a wire rack to cook completely.
Tips and Notes
- Do not over-mix the final batter. You just want the ingredients combined. Too vigorous stirring and over-mixing will result in a gummy cake.
- Store the leftover cake in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 4 days. A cake dome is ideal!
Also try this:
- Pineapple Loaf Cake
- Chocolate Chip Loaf Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Loaf Bread
- Chocolate Cake Loaf with Cream Cheese Filling
Leave a Reply