These Brownie Cookies pack amazing chocolate goodness in the form of soft, gooey brownie bites. These are your pieces of chocolate heaven.
Oh, the chocolates that abound this season! I must admit that I am more tolerating of my kids having that last piece of chocolate around this time. Because let’s face it, it takes a bit of stress away to give in than to resist as they ask to have another piece of chocolate for the millionth time.
And rather than fighting them about it, I kind of give in to chocolate season-Christmas time– by making a batch of these Brownie Cookies.
So instead of being the chocolate and candy police, I loosen up and let them enjoy these cookies with me. And besides, chocolate is chocolate. There isn’t anything in this world that can take its place when it comes to the joy it imparts, both to the taste buds and to the well being.
So, okay. Chocolate season it is. These Brownie Cookies screams chocolate all over. They are soft and fudgy. You bite into them and you reveal the gooey chocolate centers, which it the gold mine of desserts, if you ask me.
How to Make Brownie Cookies
There is nothing complicated about these delicious treats. With simple ingredients and process, you or your way to chocolate heaven.
- Heat butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips in a medium saucepan until the mixture melts. Remove the pan from heat. Immediate stir in the brown sugar. Stir the mixture often as you let it cool slightly. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, cocoa powder and salt to the chocolate batter. Stir well until smooth. Fold in the remaining chocolate chips.
Drop tablespoon sizes of dough onto greased cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches of spaces in between them. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. The edges should be just about set and center just a bit soft.
So here you go. Deep dive to the chocolate kids, while they last! These brownie cookies do not last for more than a day, but the joy, the indulgence and the delicious memories of good food will always live on.
More Chocolate Goodies to Love:
- Best Ever Chocolate Brownies
- Almond Chocolate Biscotti
- Chocolate Chiffon Cake with Orange Chocolate Glaze
- Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream Chocolate Icing
- Chocolate Croissants
- Chocolate Brioche
- Coconut Oil Brownies
- Double Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Chip Loaf Bread
- 1/2 cup butter cut into little cubes
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray a cookie sheet (or two) with baking spray. In a medium saucepan, heat the butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips over medium heat, until the mixture melts. Remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in the brown sugar. Let the mixture cool slightly as you stir often.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Combine cocoa powder, flour and salt then stir this mixture into the batter in the bowl. Fold in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of dough into the cookie sheet with about 2 inches of spaces in between. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookie looks just about set in the edges and a little soft in the middle. Cool cookies completely on a wire rack.
If you make a recipe, please share them with me by using hashtag #womanscribbles on Instagram, or tag me (@sanna.womanscribbles). I would love to see your creations! Thank you!