Moist and loaded with chocolate chips, these double chocolate muffins are the perfect fix to your chocolate cravings.
These past two weeks have been a bit of a downer when it comes to baking recipes for the blog. I have had my share of baking fails, more times than I expected. What seemed to have been a simple recipe is taking me countless times to arrive at a good outcome, and I am still not there. Ha!
When baking fails come one after another, the frustration is real. I read from someone somewhere that food blogging entails blood, sweat and tears, and in a way, it is true. I feel that so much as I sit face to face with a cake loaf that is as hard as a stone.
But then, there are these muffins. These double chocolate muffins that seem to lighten everything up. Chocolate does make things better, yes? And as the smell of these chocolate treats float through the air in the house, everything is right again.
What minor ache can’t a chocolate fix? Nothing, I suppose. And the beauty of baking as well is that, no matter how many fails, it only takes one baking success to feel victory again. And today here is my victory: Double Chocolate Muffins
Doubly charged with chocolate in the form of chocolate chips, plus the chocolate in the batter mixed in, these muffins are your handy parcels of chocolate goodness.
Muffins to me are little pieces of joy that you can pick up midday or any time of day, when you can sit and savor that delicious piece for a moment with yourself. Then you can go on with your day like you just came from a micro-vacation.
A teeny-weeny break from everything. And it involves chocolate. Sounds good? I know, it is mostly my mom-brain talking.
I guess my whole point is, no matter how tough a work day can get, it does not take much to restore me. Hand me a whisk, a bowl, and a few staple ingredients and I can whip up a batch of these goodies to pick me up for the whole week.
One baking success, it only takes one success to make me forget a million fails.
More Chocolate Goodies For You:
- Best Ever Chocolate Brownies
- Coconut Oil Brownies
- Butterscotch Bars with Pecans and Chocolate Chips
- Brownie Cookies
- Almond Chocolate Biscotti
- Double Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Brioche
- Choco-Hazelnut Rolls
- Chocolate cake with Whipped Cream Chocolate icing
- Chocolate Chiffon Cake with Orange Chocolate Glaze
Double Chocolate Muffins
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole milk
- 7 oz semi-sweet chocolate melted
- 3 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients: melted butter, eggs, milk and melted chocolate.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in another bowl and add the mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix everything together lightly just until incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Fold the chocolate chips. Spoon batter into the muffin liners until they are 3/4 full. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean with a bit of melted chocolate chips.