These Nutella-Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy with melty Nutella spread in the centers. These are your ultra-special cookie treats!
These Nutella Filled cookies are one of the few things I made over and over again when I first started to learn how to bake. I remember hop-reading through one baking blog after another, bookmarking recipes that seemed achievable for a newbie baker like me.
While most of my early baking attempts were a fail, these cookies always saved me from my own disgrace. They always turned out beautifully. They were always so delicious and always have been a crowd-pleaser.
Filling the Cookie Dough
- To fill the dough, scoop out a heaping tablespoon into your hand, slightly forming it into a ball. Flatten the dough using your palms.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of Nutella in the center of the dough. Fold the edges over to the center to cover the filling. Seal the ends to close.
Arrange the cookie dough balls on three baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Make sure to space them evenly apart. This recipe yields 32-26 cookies.
Baking the Nutella Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The cookies are done once the surface turns golden. They should be on the light golden side, not dark, to ensure their softness.
- They will still feel soft to the touch, and they will continue to firm up just perfectly upon cooling. These cookies are on the chewy side.
More Delicious Baked Goods
Now pour the warm milk, snuggle into the sofa and let the indulging begin!
Nutella-Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup Nutella chilled
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and both sugars using an electric mixer until combined and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- Turn the mixer into low speed and slowly add the flour mixture. Mix until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough, forming it into a ball in your hand. Use your palms to flatten the dough. Spoon about a teaspoon of Nutella in the center and fold the edges of the dough to cover the Nutella. Pinch the edges together to seal the ball close.
- Repeat the process with the remaining cookie dough. Arrange the balls on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them evenly apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Instead of measuring out the Nutella, just chill the whole jar in the fridge and scoop out from the jar itself when filling the cookies. You won't need the entire jar.
- It is important that the Nutella is chilled for a few hours in the fridge so that it is nice and firm when filling the cookies, instead of runny and messy.
- The cookies are done when they have turned golden. They will still be soft to the touch and will continue to firm up to perfection upon cooling.